Anglian Building Specialists Ltd.
Terms and Conditions.
1. Our quotations are
produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any
additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract quotation provided.
2. Working Arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (7.30 am – 6 pm Mon – Fri, Sat 7.30 am – 4 pm), unless otherwise agreed.
3. Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
5. All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property Anglian Building Specialists Ltd until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash
6. Access to and
collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7. Accepting a quotation, either verbally or in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and conditions to come into effect.
8. The main contractor being ‘Anglian Building Specialists Ltd’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labour to work on site. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client (see article '9').
9. A 'contract' with Anglian Building Specialists Ltd is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed 'Quotation' submitted directly to the client on an official Anglian Building Specialists Ltd
letterhead and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties (Anglian Building Specialists Ltd & client) to form a contract. An informal verbal estimate, verbal or written price guide received by the client (or any other document other than an official 'quotation' on a Anglian Building Specialists Ltd) in this context does not amount to the formation of a contract.
10. Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable to David Wall, bank Transfer details upon request. Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and deposits may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A down payment is not usually required however arrangements may be made for a down payment in respect of the acquisition of bespoke or high value materials.
11. Insurance - Public Liability and Employer's Liability: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of £1,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
12. All client information is retained and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
13. In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, the quotation price or estimated cost may be revised to reflect the situation at hand.
14. Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 5 years. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer's warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations.
15. No responsibility is taken by ourselves for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
16. Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate.
17. Protection of existing surfaces (floors, carpets, curtains, doors and furniture etc). Whilst we endeavour to protect existing surfaces with the use of dust sheets and loose plastic sheeting etc along with care in our working practice, responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client.
18. Discounts and
retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and
confirmed in writing.
19. We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
You can telephone us on 01603 406798 or 07804627945
Anglian Building Specialists Ltd
211 Drayton Road
Tel: 01603 406798 or 07804627945
Please take a look at some of our recently completed projects!